One of the leading construction companies used Base Block Lite units to build a section of the Power of Siberia gas pipeline. Thus, the company managed to monitor the machinery performance, as well as control fuel consumption.
Galileosky devices were installed on 125 units of equipment involved in the construction: pipe-laying machines, bulldozers, dump trucks, and welding machines. The project was based on Wialon software.
About the project
The construction company implements complex solutions for the oil and gas industry using trenchless technologies to construct and repair utilities. Moreover, they participate in the implementation of important strategic projects of the regional gasification with the help of directional drilling.
Usually, construction equipment operates within100 km distance, which makes it difficult to manage the machinery and control quality.
- tracking the location of equipment;
- minimize downtime of pipe-laying machines;
- fuel consumption control.
The company opted for Galileosky Base Block Lite units. Tracking devices were installed in packages of 20 units. Installation and connection of one package took 1.5-2 weeks due to the remoteness of equipment from the base.
Alexander Taran, integrator:
- Firstly, devices of this product line have a high level of shielding - protection from interference. Secondly, they are durable. We faced the problem of wrecking - some drivers tried to destroy the units, but thanks to the metal body, 99% of the devices were saved from vandalism.
Galileosky trackers made it possible to control the equipment operation and fuel consumption. It reduced financial expenses significantly in the working season.
Maxim Revyakin, Head of Regional Development, Galileosky:
- The usage of our units in the construction of such an important infrastructure facility as “Power of Siberia” is yet another proof of the reliability and high quality of our devices.
The Power of Siberia, opened in 2019, is the main pipe for gas transportation all over Russia and countries of the Asia-Pacific region.
Would you like to tell about your interesting project? Send us your story and we will share it with the professional community.